In the spirit of Mother’s Day, I’d like to give a shout out to my mommy. Hi mom! *waving* Here are some things I love about you.
10) I love that you are a ‘cool’ mom. Growing up, I was never embarrassed by you. I always wanted to be the type of mom you were. I mean, what other mother (and grandmother at that) has an undying love for Lil’ Wayne? You butterflying rock!
9) I love that growing up, you never interfered with our goals in life. I never once remember you putting pressure on us to do something that would make us wealthy. You always stressed the importance of just being happy.
8) You gave me my sense of humor.
7) When others would suggest you seek a psychiatric consult on my behalf, you scoffed at them. You loved and embraced my oddities, rather than trying to flush them out of me.
6) You somehow maintained an open mind in the midst of a closed-minded world. I’ll never know how that happened, but I appreciate that about you.
5) You. Are. Determined. It took me a while to adopt this characteristic of yours, but I couldn’t be happier now that I have.
4) You love my husband. While it scares me that if something happened between he and I, you would take his side over mine–it also makes me incredibly happy to know that you love him enough to do so.
3) I love how when I call you, you don’t answer the phone with, “Hello?” You always answer it, “How is my favorite daughter? The one I love more than any other daughter on the planet, even my other daughter, Lin?” (Sorry, Lin. It’s totally true. I’ll record her sometime answering the phone this way. I try to get her to stop because it’s so unfair for her to love me more than you, but she can’t. She just loves me too damned much.)
2) I love the way you love my boys.
1) Not only are you the best mother ever, you are also the best friend ever.
I freaking love you, Mom. As Lil’ Wayne would say,
“Baby, I could bless you and you ain’t even sneezin’. I could have you dreaming and you ain’t even sleeping. I’ll be at your rescue and you dont even need me.”
Here’s another Mom Day present just for you. Lil’ Wayne freestyling ‘Single Ladies’ <3